Friday, November 16, 2012

Holiday Baking Time is Here!

I love the Ho-HO-HOlidays!!! 
I do, I really do! 
I just hate that it comes so fast and the stores push Christmas down your throat and its not even mid-October yet!

via
via

So...now, why I love the holidays...oh yeah,
because I become Betty effing Crocker!
Well, kind of. You see, I HATE cooking!
Ok, I lie, I wish I liked to cook, however, I suck so therefore, I hate it!

via


On the other hand, I LOVE baking!!
I'm not the best, but the exact science of the baking process....
THAT I can definitely do!


via

This weekend, I will be faced with my first challenge, Coffee Cake and Red Velvet Cake and Cupcakes...all from scratch
[except for the frosting, but that doesn't count].

via

My next project will most likely be cookies...not just any cookies though, they are Peruvian cookies called Alfajores, and they are made out of cornstarch, butter, and Dulce de Leche.

via

I really can't wait to make these! My friends actually set up baking dates with me, because these are pain to make but so delicious to eat!

I will share these recipes with you, I PROMISE!
Just stay tuned, I will make sure to do my homework and document the process!


And I'm part of this Blog Hop this week so link up...

5 comments:

  1. ok - i hate the holidays. i'll admit it. please still love me.

    but i love baking.
    in fact, i just made mini cheesecakes last night and i'm going to eat them till i puke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Love red velvet cake, although red velvet ice cream is even better. I like Christmas, but really. Does it have to come out in the stores the very next day after Halloween?

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! i love that target lady. she's awesome. i love to bake at christmas time too but i'm more of a cookies from a box mix kind of gal. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh the Target lady! I have seen a ton of X-mas commercials but this is my first time seeing her so far this season! LMAO...thanks for sharing!
    ~Stephanie
    www.neverthesamespicetwice.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh cookies with dulce de leche in it, sounds so divine! Yum! I definitely need to search around for that Alfajores recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...