Monday, August 20, 2012

Stitch Fix: Get Yours!

So this is quite of an overdue blog post. It took me a little long, only because I didn't know where to start and I didn't have a good pic of me with my Stitch Fix...uhmmm..."Fix"!


What is Stitch Fix? Stitch Fix is this really cool website where you get personalized style fixings delivered to your door! Once you sign up, you complete a style profile of what you like, what you don't like, your size, your price range, and other "important" things. You are then assigned a personal Stitch Fix stylist who selects 5 items that are sent to you for a $20 "styling fee". When the package arrives you  try on the items at home and do a little fashion show for your friends. So you fell in love with one, two, or maybe all five items? The ones you want, well, you can apply the $20 styling towards their cost. The items you don't want? No sweat, return them with the included prepaid envelope. You can schedule your box to arrive as often or as seldom as you want.

What I really liked is that with the items, you also get a card with suggestions on how to wear the pieces that are sent to you. Dress them up, dress them down, with a belt, cardigan, or boots. Uber cool for the lazy fashionista that I am!

Pretty easy cheesy, right?

Just as a quick FYI: I was not compensated in any way to do this. 
Also, this is my first fashion post/review of any kind so any feedback is welcomed! :)




Here are the items I received in my first shipment:

This black linen dress is by Keepsake. It is a pretty cute rocking dress with cut outs on the back side. Unfortunately, it was a tad bit small on me (I blame it on my weight gain). I also wasn't too thrilled about the material and the price attached to it (almost $100). 
I loved the suggestions to wear the dress though! I think this was one of my "wildcard" picks.



This is a floral racerback tank top by Tulle. I really liked the sheer material and the racerback style on the back. Since I own a similar top in my closet, I had to send this one back.



Via Polyvore
It may have been the fact I needed an outfit for my little sister's birthday, but I found so many ways to wear this tank by Bluejuice with things already in my closet! I love the detail around the neck and the color was my favorite! Although I wasn't thrilled that it flowed out at the bottom so much, I managed to tuck it in into a black tube skirt, sorta like the styling suggestion seen below.
Let's just say that it was h-o-t! I got lots of compliments that night:)



This tank by Olive and Oak was adorable! I loved the sheer material, the colors, and the racerback once again. However, it fit a little odd on me. Maybe I just wasn't used to the way I looked in it.




This skinny wavy bangle set by Rachel Eva was a little pricey for my range. I would've kept them, but I own similar ones I bought some time ago.


After you receive your pieces and try them on for size, log on to your Stitch Fix account and make comments about your items so that your stylist knows why you either loved or did not love the pieces. This way, they get to know about your style a little better.

Stitch Fix is a great way to add items to your closet. You can schedule your Stitch Fix to come in once a month or once every three months, YOU decide!! 

Rocking my Stitch Fix!

10 comments:

  1. Love the blue top, friend!
    I did this with Birchbox but for beauty products.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO COOL. I had never heard of stitch fix. Great pieces, but I REALLY love that blue top and the black dress. Thanks for letting us know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm sounds fun! i really like that blue color on you. great choice!

    not sure i'd do something like this seeing how i don't really like other people dressing me or telling me what looks good on me. for example if i ask dave how i look and he says "meh" i get pissy. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so smart! I love it, and love that they give you tips!

    www.dysfunctionaleverafter.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the coolest thing ever!! I LOVE that floral racerback tank!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really cool, I love the blue top you kept. I can say sending back what you don't like does sound like a bit of pain though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! This is waaaaaaaaay better than Birchbox! I am seriously doing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. the blue top looks so pretty on you! xo

    http://allthingsprettyandlittle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The top looks amazing on you! Also love that bracelet and that little black dress. Im going to look at the site

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...