I was nominated by my friend Libby from It’s Never Too Late, Although I’m Always Late for the Liebster Award. Although I may have inspired Libby’s blog birth…she has definitely been a more avid blogger than I. Thank you Libby for nominating me!
What is the Liebster Award? The word Liebster is German and it literally meaning "dearest" or "favorite". Other meanings include sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
The award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 followers (or friends) who deserve recognition and support for their contribution in the blogosphere.
In order to accept this prestigious award, one must abide by the following list of rules.
- Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
- Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
- Absolutely NO tag backs.
- Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 followers
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I’m always thinking…even when you think I’m done, I’m still thinking. Ruminating thoughts? That’s my middle name.
- I was born in Peru, however my lineage is Chinese, Italian, Afro-Peruvian, Spanish, Basque, and English. If you come to my family gatherings, you don’t know if to speak English, Spanish, or Chinese.
- I was in two different dance companies in college. I’m always dancing…yes, even when people are watching!
- I hated cheese when I was younger. I loooove cheese now :)
- I’ve never met a chocolate I did not like.
- Luis Miguel was my first concert ever in 1988! (He's the guy Mariah Carey dated before she “lost it”)
- I am a Florida Gator..."where the girls are the fairesssssttttt"! I went to University of Florida for my Bachelors. I highly encourage everyone to go away to college if you can!
- I really enjoy watching the Parade of Nations of the Olympics Opening Ceremony and figuring out their athletes.
- I named my first car Henry…my second car Cindy. Cindy is still kicking, haha!
- My current go to drinks…Raspberry Shock Top and the different Cupcake Vineyard wines.
- I love making my own green smoothies with peanut butter, bananas, and spinach!
Here are Libby’s Questions...
1) Where are you right now?
In bed at home, hoping to finish this homework super quick :)
2) If you won the lottery today, who is the first person you'd call and why?
El husband, he’ll be happy to know we can pay off our student loans and go on a trip somewhere.
3) What’s on your key ring?
Other than my keys…Keroppi who has survived the last 13 years in my key chain! A pink Tinkerbelle “A” given to me by Libby, a Miami Remembers Betty bottle cap key chain, and my CVS Rewards card.
4) If you could meet one person in your lifetime, past or present, who would it be?
Just one? Well, I’m going to say Christian Bale because he is a hottie and an amazing actor. Inspirational, I would say Gandhi. He can find happiness in anything.
5) How and where did you meet your best friend?
Our parents knew each other so she came over to visit soon after her move to the US. She didn’t like me because I didn’t stop talking on the phone to greet her so she hung out with my sister instead. Fast forward 2 years to the summer before our freshman year in high school, we were inseparable after that.
6) What was the last place you went on vacation to?
What do you define as a vacation? For me is a long car ride or a plane ride. However, now that $$ is limited, everywhere I go is a vacation for me, including Miami Beach! The last “long” road trip I took was to Key West for a 2-day visit.
7) What is the first thing you do in the morning when you wake up?
Check my phone for the time and turn off the alarm…I hate waking up late even though I’m on vacation. Look through my Instagram and look over FB.
8) Look to your right, what do you see?
A night table with a lamp, iPod speakers, and hubby’s book “I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell”.
9) What is your favorite childhood memory?
Going camping with my parents and our family friends. We would go to the camping site near the beach or to the country club’s bungalows and/or campsites.
10) What is something you can never leave your house without?
My phone! I’m addicted, although I am getting better at "forgetting" it at home at times.
11) You're stuck in an elevator for 24 hrs, who would you choose to be stuck with?
El husband, he can make me laugh for days and makes me feel safe.
Here are my questions to you...
- If you could learn any language, which one would it be?
- Who is your doppelganger? Or which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
- Have you ever participated in any sports?
- What is your favorite quote or motto in life?
- What is your favorite food/dish/cuisine?
- Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, or Caribou Coffee?
- If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
- What song is the most played on your iPod at this time?
- Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
- The world would be a better place if __________
- Do you believe in ghosts? Have you had an encounter with “the paranormal”?
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
- Audrie @ Audrie is…
- Gabriella @ Love.From.Londres
- Michelle @ Just Smile
- Andrea @ Glam Hungry Mom
- Mackensie @ Mackensie: Art Health Style
- Cassandra @ Twenty-Five in my 25th
- Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos
- Andrea @ Life Won’t Wait
- Ana @ Blush
- Allison @ Two Infinity and Beyond
- Amanda @ We & Serendipity
I can't wait to read all of your answers!
Thanks again Libby for nominating me!
I love all of you lovelies and tah-tah for now :)