Tuesday, July 24, 2012

...off the Florida Keys

I have to say that although my new job is a bit on the "stressful" side, it has its perks! Lucky for me I have a handful of friends who also share in the same field or enjoy getting away for the day and for the weekend.


Last week, my teacher friends and I decided to take an impromptu trip to the Tiki Bar in Islamorada (Holiday Isle) near the Middle Keys. We were surprised by the fact that this was no longer a "public beach" rather, it became a beach/pool for hotel guests only. We managed to avoid the hotel staff long enough to drink some delicious Rum Runners...and oh boy, was the water perfect. Our peaceful day continued in Key Largo, we did not avoid the hotel staff for too long, so we found another bar with an adjacent pool. And oh...and the weather, the sun, the breeze...was so perfect. Just as late afternoon hit, we saw the thunderclouds approaching and we swiftly grabbed our bags and headed back home. I may have been a little quite tipsy by that time. Hahaa!

The boys holding on to their hats. Not a cloud in the sky meant top down!
Doesn't the pool look refreshing? Oh, and the drinks were perfect to cool us off too! 
We fell in love with Rum Runners


My friend Ally invited to come along on a girls' weekend trip to Key West. I could not say no. So off we left to our little Kokomo. Once we arrived, the sun was brightly shining on us and on the way to the pool, we found a few (yes a few) little green friends! After a nap, we geared up to dance the night away.

Look carefully! Iguanas and lizards galore!
These girls were so much fun to hang out with, the right amount of crazy and loud...you could say.  It was also Hemingway's 113th birthday and there were countless of look-a-likes in the streets. We spent the night at Rick's bar and we apparently had two DJ's...the real DJ and some random wasted dude just playing Air DJ all night long. He switched up the music, looked through his imaginary inventory, and pretended to talk to the crowd while the real DJ did it...I swear!...all night long! And of course it isn't Florida without a little rain hurricane of a storm. That didn't stop the party people, they just moved the party to the decks to dance in the rain!

Girls' Weekend!

He played air DJ all night long!
Day two was spent eating some grub, walking, and doing a little sightseeing from one end of Duval street to the the other. Key West is definitely a place to relax, enjoy some fun, and if you are apt for it, bar crawl on Duval Street under the night sky.

Delicious breakfast!
Kiss my a$$!
Mallory Square in Downtown Key West
Let's Dance!

Reading up on Key West history near the Pier.
I'm on a boat!
I feel so lucky. I don't have to go far from home to enjoy a little paradise.
What are some hidden fun and relaxing gems near your hometown?

4 comments:

  1. Hey hey Andiepants! How cute is your alias??? ADORABLE! Just wanted to say a super huge thanks for reading my guest post, visiting my blog and for following! WOW! You're awesome! I'm following back!

    Janette the Jongleur
    PS. This looks like an amazing trip! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a fabulous time & the pictures are great. Keep up the awesome job. Cool post.

    Peace!...with 2 fingers;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!!! I loved seeing you on my blog and thought I would look at yours!! I LOVE the "sailor" swimsuit with the white top...absolutely adorable!! Looks like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andie,
    My name is Jane and I'm with Dwellable.
    I was looking for blog posts about Holiday Isle to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, shoot me an email at jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you :)
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...