Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Weekend photo dump: St. Augustine, FL

I've had a pretty good weekend even if my friend Claudia had to twist my arm to go with her. I wanted to save some money before leaving to Peru in a few weeks and she assured me we'd keep the budget low!

I had always wanted to visit St. Augustine. The oldest city in the United States. The idea was to leave early on Friday so we could walk around the city a bit and then watch the fireworks while sitting next to the Castillo de San Marcos. I will leave you with some pics taken on my iPhone, but I'll introduce you to my cannon photos in the near future!

Little did we know it would be HOT as BALLS in a brick oven! 
Luckily, this helped me sweat off all of the calories I ingested!


We ended up at the Mill Top restaurant for lunch since it was the only restaurant with covered seating for the six of us. And it was good!



Too bad we didn't see the list of drinks until after we had ordered! My favorite one was "Sand In Your Butt!"


We cheered on and cried for Colombia while they played against Brazil. All in all, it was a great game! 


That night, we watched one of the top most beautiful fireworks displays in Florida! 
I saw letters, stars, and stripes light up the sky!


 On our second day we did some more walking around in hot and humid weather. 
Below is proof that I got him on Love Lockdown!


We continued our stroll through St. Augustine the following day and stopped for some chicken wings and beer.


I had the most amazing Lasagna pizza here at Pizza Time!


Had some coffee and ate the most delicious desserts at "The Chocolate Turtle". The cafe shop is named after the dessert on the bottom right. SCRUMPTIOUS!!


But then the rain came and we just wished for it to go away so that we could enjoy a calm stroll through the rest of the city.



Where did you go on your most recent vacation?


 photo signature_zpsc02a1d65.png

2 comments:

  1. I love St. Augie!! I haven't been in so many years. The food is the best and I love the castle there. I used to go there all the time as a kid because my ex-step-dad is from Palatka. Have you ever been there?? That place is so small but so OLD and awesome! It's just filled with a lot of racism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot as balls in a brick oven!! Love it. Sounds like Cancun in July!! Sometimes the fun you have is worth the money-even if it does kinda stress you out. Glad you had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...