Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Refreshing Mango Chicken Recipe


I am lucky enough to have a robust mango tree in my backyard and for the past month or so, I have been picking mangoes from the tree or picking up those that fall on the ground. And now, I am surrounded by mangoes, they are in my fridge, in my freezer, and in bags ready to get sent to my friends' homes!

Considering my lovely mango tree, I needed to incorporate these into my easy cooking recipes. This recipe serves 4 people and was very savory and refreshing!

Ingredients:
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. dried thyme
1 pinch ground nutmeg 
1 pinch cayenne pepper
1 pinch cinnamon
Olive Oil Cooking Spray
4 boneless skinless chicken breast strips, about 1 lb
2 teaspoons of light margarine
1 ripe, but firm mango, peeled and cut into chunks
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Salt (to taste)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Lime juice (to taste)

Directions:
In a small dish, stir together the spices. Feel free to add a just a tad bit more to crank up the taste. Lightly spray cooking spray on the chicken breasts. I used Olive Oil cooking spray. Sprinkle and cover both sides of chicken breasts with spice mixture. Allow these to sit for in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. When ready, begin by heating margarine in a large nonstick frypan over medium high heat. Add chicken breast strips and cook, turning occasionally, until both sides are deep golden brown and chicken is no longer pink inside, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add mango and green onions. Cook, stirring, just until heated through, for about 1 minute. Remove chicken from heat. Sprinkle with salt, cilantro, and squeeze lime over the chicken. Serve immediately over a bed of rice with a side of broccoli.


I'll admit, I'm not the best cook, but surprisingly enough, hubby loved it! And did I also mention he is not a mango lover?


 photo signature_zpsc02a1d65.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...