Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I am a certified introvert

There was that time...a few years back, when I was forced  asked   to complete the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality questionnaire as a part of a Leadership Workshop for my job.

Yep...as the horrible decision maker that I am, I had much difficulty completing the questionnaire which seemed to be about 1 zillion questions long! It only took as many hours to finish it.


To make it even more annoying, I had to wait at least 2 weeks so that I could receive my results at the workshop. 
Can you tell I am super impulsive and impatient?
Adding to all of the "I"s, I apparently scored as an ISFJ 

Now you may ask, what in the world does that mean? It means I AM

Introverted.  Sensing.  Feeling.  Judging.


On the other hand, the opposite of the ISFJ would be the ENTP which translates to:

Extroverted.  iNtuitive.  Thinking.  Perceiving.

Although I fall right smack in the middle between J. and P. traits, I definitely see myself as I.S. and F.


Now you want the 16 personality traits explained? Well, see below...
  
Extraverted (E)
Expressive, outgoing, prefer group activities, eager to speak their minds, more comfortable when around other people than when alone, get energized by social interaction
Introverted (I)
Reserved, listen carefully, prefer solitary activities, more comfortable when alone than when around other people, get exhausted by social interaction
Intuitive (N)
Introspective, rely on their imagination, absorbed in ideas, focus on what might happen
Sensing (S)
Observant, rely on their senses, absorbed in practical matters, focus on what has happened
Thinking (T)
Tough, follow their minds, suppress feelings, focus on objectivity and rationality
Feeling (F)
Sensitive, follow their hearts, keep feelings close to the surface, focus on harmony and cooperation
Judging (J)
Decisive, prefer clear rules and guidelines, eager to commit, see deadlines as sacred, seek closure
 Perceiving (P)
Probing, prefer keeping their options open, reluctant to commit, relaxed about their work, seek freedom


If you really want to take a similar test to the MBTI, you can give it a go for free here or here.
BUT if you don't have time, and if you think you have it all figured out, then you can look at the image below to try to figure out which of the Harry Potter characters MBTI personalities best describe you?

http://i2.wp.com/www.romilybernard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/harry-potter-personalities-large.jpg

Therefore, this means I am your Neville Longbottom.
Not your best and most exciting character, but I hear he saves the day at the very end, ha!

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4982294528/h43D8134A/


Have you figured out which letters belong in your alphabet soup?


 photo 52abfd94-ed48-4d5e-b617-840056588aaa_zpsb3d9f473.jpg

3 comments:

  1. ah so fun finding out more about yourself! though the test sounds pretty long ha.
    -- jackie - jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got Neville too!!!! A bit surprised but not at all mad about it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word I love the Harry Potter personalities!! Apparently I'm Remus Lupin :) Not a bad character to be in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...