Thursday, July 14, 2011

Fighting the good fight x3!

October  15, 2011 will mark my 3rd year in my efforts to fundraise and support the Miami Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure. I want to make a difference in the fight against breast cancer.
Every year I dedicate my efforts to my mom, Ana Maria, who is also a breast cancer survivor. It was a shock to my family when we were told of the news. Approximately 80% of breast cancers occur in women 50 years and older, my mom was 47. My mom toughed out through surgeries, numerous treatments, and even hair loss. Her strentgh and courage is what made our family see it through.
The chances that you know someone who has been affect by breast cancers are high: 1 in 8 women! That means either a spouse, a friend, a co-worker, a student at school, a neighbor has either had breast cancer or has been affected by this disease.
The team I have been running with came together in memory of Betty Wood. She lost her battle with breast cancer 11 years ago. Betty is Danny Wood's mother. Danny is a member of NKOTB and dedicated Susan G. Komen supporter who has active in the fight against breast cancer for several years.
You can help find a cure. Your support helps us get another step closer to a world without breast cancer.  
Breast cancer does not care, that's why we have to!


You can support my efforts by clicking here:
http://miamiftl.info-komen.org/goto/andie-mrb2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...