Sunday, September 14, 2014

Oldest Fort in U.S. - Castillo de San Marcos

I know it has taken me a little while, but I do want to give you a glimpse at my trip to St. Augustine, FL for the 4th of July weekend. St. Augustine is definitely a beautiful city and I was happy I was able to enjoy it with my friends, new friends, and hubby dearest. I also got to share some beautiful fireworks in the oldest city in the continental U.S. It is one of the most beautiful fireworks show in Florida and YES you must go see fireworks here!

Below is a photo tour of Castillo de San Marcos, the oldest masonry fort in the U.S.



It was a little bit BLAZING hot and we learned it the hard way. If it was up to me, I probably should have worn my bikini (not that you would want to see me in it) instead of shorts and a tank! 



The flags below represent the countries that took hold of Castillo de San Marcos and St. Augustine. The first one on the left being Spain.
















And yeah, it was so hot, we had to ration the water and would run to anyone selling it at all times! 
Before food, we needed water!! And that's what we drank while viewing the fireworks. Oh yes, and make sure you grab a spot early on behind the Castillo, because it is just a sight to have the fireworks light up the sky just behind it.






 photo signature_zpsc02a1d65.png

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! Found your blog through Cece at Frugalista Married! : ) This trip looks fun and your comments about the heat made me laugh. I HATE hot weather so much, there is never enough water to keep me happy. The fireworks show looks gorgeous! What a perfect 4th of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pictures! Looks like such a great time. And I have to say that you're hilarious! Thanks for the comments you left on my blog, they felt like something an old friend would leave and I love that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...