Sunday, July 25, 2010

Ceviche for the soul


I may not love sea food, but Ceviche..oh yum! A dish from the coasts of Peru that is super delish! In Lima, we make it with raw corvina (I still don't know if it is sea bass or flounder), onions, garlic, and it is marinated in lime juice. We also add a little bit of "canchita" or roasted corn, baked sweet potato, and of course a bit of aji or chili. The Miami version? well, my father makes it with tilapia.
Either way, the taste of it so crisp and so tart just takes over and I'm transported to summer and my visits to Peru. Going to the beach, taking in some sun, hanging out with friends and family. It just never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...