Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"I am a grown woman..."

Yesterday at the grocery store, I overhear a mom and her teenage daughter arguing. The daughter wants to get her hair colored/highlighted and cut the way she wants to. I then hear her mom say "Not everyone does it. You are not old enough to change your hair color." Just then, I turn around and I see the teenage daughter sitting with legs crossed inside the shopping cart with all of the groceries around her. As they pass next to me, the daughter pouts and says: "I'm a grown ass woman and I can make my own decisions about my hair and my body. You can't tell me what to do!" >THUD!!!!<
Apparently I was not the only one observing this, as other shoppers snickered as they passed. Oh, to those teenage years, old enough to think for yourself, not old enough to fit into a shopping cart!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a love note!
It makes my day!
I usually reply via email :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...